We have been providing reservations and park management solutions to government operated parks, marinas and harbors for over 40 years!
It started with a need
As a camping and outdoor enthusiast, our founder, Doug Hall saw a need for improved reservation processes at a campground he frequented.
After finishing his M.B.A. at Western University, Doug decided to develop a parks management and reservation solution which addressed the complex needs of government operated facilities.
Camis has always been about helping people get outdoors and giving parks the tools they need. I believe great things happen when you get outside!
The evolution of reservation and management solutions
Over a period of four decades, our reservation systems have evolved from phone calls and lists on paper to the robust feature-rich software solutions you see today. Technology will continue to change. We plan to lead the way!
Partnering with over 725 government operated facilities
By 1998, Camis had partnered with over 50 parks across Canada and by 1999, Camis was the first to put hardware and software solutions in place for Canada’s largest network of provincial parks and campgrounds.
Today, our reservation and park management software and services are used by hundreds of national, state, provincial, county, regional parks, conservation authorities, harbors and marinas in the United States and Canada.
History in the making
The early days
- 8 seasonal employees and Doug Hall
- Operated as Bluewater Parklands Management
- Craigleith Provincial Park contract
- DOS-based park management system
- Park gate control
- Merchandise & retail management
- Reservation bookings
- Permit printing
Camis was born
- Camis was registered as a company
- 18 seasonal employees and Doug Hall
- Built first onsite reservation and call center solution
- Contracts with Craigleith, Point Farms & Sauble Falls, Ontario
- 10 full-time employees and Doug Hall
- Contracts with over 50 parks
- Start of In-house Call Center
- 105 employees
- In 2006 Everest Blue launched and was the first generation of robust software solutions
- Everest Silver launched in 2009 and became the gold standard in park reservation & management software. Secure, centralized data storage was now possible
- On-site hardware solutions
A new generation
- 146 employees; 86 full time, 60 seasonal
- Camis-5 released; placing a feature-rich, highly configurable solution in the hand of the park managers
- Real-time updates and changes to features improved efficiency for the parks and an enhanced reservation experience for guests
- 291 employees; 136 full time, 155 seasonal
- Product roadmap puts ideas into production
- Mobility prioritized, innovation emphasized
- Management realignment to best support our Client Success initiatives
- Emphasis on fair reservation access solutions
- Timed access reservations and other features are developed in response to the Covid crisis
- Banyan purchased Camis from founder, Doug Hall
Looking to be a trailblazer?
If you are looking to be part of a diverse and values driven team - we are looking for you!